What is PTO?
PTO stands for Parent-Teacher Organization. At Katy Elementary School, the PTO works with the school's administration, teachers, and staff to:
- Support the school staff in and outside of the classroom
- Provide educational tools and resources that enrich the educational environment
- Create lasting memories for our children
- Support and show appreciation for all teachers and staff
- Foster a sense of community among school families
- Assist in creating a positive learning experience of our students
- Raise needed funds for school use
What does the PTO do?
The PTO works tirelessly behind the scenes to provide the extras that benefit your children every single day. We raise money every school year for classroom supplies, events, technology and equipment...And we have FUN doing it.
Join the PTO
You can join the PTO right here on our website. Dues are $10 per member for the year. The goal is to have 100% participation. When you become a member you get access to our online School Directory which is super beneficial when trying to send out birthday party invites etc. You also help provide a lot of needed items for the classrooms.
What Events Need My Help?
Each year, the PTO sponsors a number of events for our children. Volunteer Sign-Ups available online. Once you're signed up as a volunteer, our VIPS coordinator and committee chairpersons will send out emails when help is needed.
Do I Have to Volunteer at Every Event?
NO! Any time you can give to benefit our students and school is valuable and always appreciated.
What Are the Benefits to My Child?
There can’t be a Parent Teacher Organization without PARENTS. It is YOUR feedback, fresh ideas, and suggestions that enable our organization to grow and continue to bring great educational, fun events to our children.